Friday, July 27, 2007

Team Project Set

source:
http://nwebb.co.uk/blog/?p=80

== quote ==
Someone I work with has just pointed out the very handy "Team Project Set" option in FlexBuilder (i.e. Eclipse).

We have several Flex Library Projects which work in tandem with our main Flex project. All of these projects are required in order for our main app to compile. All projects are (of course) checked in to SubVersion :]
Now let's say someone new joins the company, or my colleague (who is currently miles away in Berlin) wants to mimic what I have in my FlexBuilder workspace. The easiest option is to create a project set for him.

I can right-click in the Navigator pane of FlexBuilder and select Export -> Team Project Set, then select of all the projects in my workspace which I want to be included in this set and generate a "project set file" (this has a .psf extension).

Now I can send the .psf to whoever wants it. Whoever receives the file (preferably) sets up a brand new workspace first, and then imports the .psf by right-clicking in the Nav pane of Flexbuilder and choosing Import -> Team Project Set

The correct versions of the relevant projects are all checked out of svn/imported in to FlexBuilder for them. Nice.

No comments: