Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cairngorm and SequenceCommand Gotcha

source: here

Another quick post about a gotcha I found when using the SequenceCommand in Cairngorm. I was using an iterator in my command to get a next item and determine if I can use that item or if I need move on to the next...an so on. I had originally decided to just make the nextEvent another event that would run the same command and reuse the logic if I needed to try again. Well since then I had to re-factor the code to work all in one shot since apparently not too far into that sequence of commands I get a stack overflow error. I'm surprised at how quickly it happens since there isn't really much going on. So, I like my re-factored code better anyway and this is a bit of info that you might find useful in the rare occasion you might be thinking about causing a command to basically run itself more than a couple times.

No comments: